Sharing of experience by sales professionals

This is a Sales Forum for B2B & B2C Sales
deepak

Re: Sharing of experience by sales professionals

#1 Postby deepak » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:06 am

Before I share my experience I would like to say sales is a very enthusiastic job where every day you have something to achieve thus you need to learn and improve yourself day by day and that is the only key to become successful in sales.. dear friends if you are in sales I suggest you to keep improving yourself with your experience, adding experience is good only if you are improving as a sales professional else rest assured this experience will kill you career .. This is the reason why millions join this field but only few of them become successful..

My experience says - customer deals with a sales person not with a company, therefore as a sales professional you should always think from your customer perspective, understand their problem and try to resolve it, explain how he going to get benefit from your product/services instead of telling about your products features and advantages.
Never go after sales instead help your customers and make sales after you.

avinash

#2 Postby avinash » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:53 am

Yes, I do agree with Kalpit here.. Customer is GOD .. the only thing you need to have is patience, and respect towards him.

I remember once have gone for a deal, the client was a retired colonel and running a company. After discussing about the services and offerings, when we reach to the final negotiation, he ask me to to give the price that cannot be given at any cost.. after trying a lot, he got irritated and ask me to leave the office right now..!!!
I smiled, and said I would love to give you the same Sir, but it's not possible and left from there.

Got a call from him after 2 minutes.. " Avinash, beta come back." lets close this.. :lol: :lol:

This is the client who remain with me till the time I was there and keep on renewing his accounts months after months..

Cheers.,

KaranL

#3 Postby KaranL » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:28 am

The very important experience of mine is, we have to slog in sales ..and by slogging we have to become so much experienced that we can deal with every uncertainty .. either it may be in sales or in life .. That's the reason sales people are highly matured to deal with problems ..
The only success mantra I feel is hard work never be 100 % depend on your prospect and try to make as much as prospect as you can ..
Other very important learning of mine I would like to share is one should his analysis and should focus on continuous improvement and if it is not seen then he/she should find the root cause of problem ..
Also i agree with Kalpit that Customer is God and should respect him equal-lent to God ..

archit

#4 Postby archit » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:06 am

With my little experience I have learned to become successful in sales you should stop blaming others and take responsibility for whatever is happening around you, if you are a good sales person you will always have plan B and plan C to bank upon. In sales it is very important to enjoy listening to no,one should learn how to handle rejection.
Actual job of sales person starts when customer says NO. Sales is a beautiful job in long learn it helps you in becoming a sharper and smarter individual only thing is daily its a new day..new hopes...new challenges..new failure and New success story.

You can sustain in sales only if you start loving this dynamic lifestyle.

Kalpit

Sharing of experience by sales professionals

#5 Postby Kalpit » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:20 pm

We all sales people have an experience both good & bad. The young ones specially with 1-3 yrs exp can share how they have become rugged and taken on the challenge of becoming a successful sales person. Like for me my experience says that customer is god . He is the deciding authority for all the deals . So for all the sales happening I have to respect and deal accordingly. What are your experiences and nut shell gist for all in this forum

Return to “Sales Forum for Online B2B & B2C Sales”