Ethics in Sales

This is a Sales Forum for B2B & B2C Sales
shreya

Ethics in Sales

#1 Postby shreya » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:45 am

~~"A salesperson’s ethics and values contribute more to sales success than do techniques or strategies.”~~

Successful professional salespeople adhere to a strict code of selling ethics. Ethical selling decisions based on truth, honesty, integrity, and moral judgments (i.e. right vs wrong) are essential for long-term relationships that can only be maintained through mutual respect and trust....Making ethical decisions in selling is a daily reality and challenge (as it is in many other professions (e.g. doctors, lawyers, teachers).It Often involves ethical and economic trade offs.

:arrow: Examples of unethical temptations for a salesperson :
Make exaggerated claims to counter exaggerated claims of a competitor
Offer a customer an unauthorized ‘gift’ in return for their business
Conceal information from a customer in order to get their business and to meet your sales’ goals
Put non business-related expenses on your expense account
Divulging confidential information about one customer to another in order to facilitate a sale

:arrow: Common Reasons (Excuses) for Unethical Behavior :
Everybody’ else is doing it.
It’s not that big of a deal.
It’s necessary (the ends justify the means).
It’s not going to hurt anyone.
It’s for the benefit of the company or somebody else.
I deserve it.
It’s legal.
Nobody will know.

:arrow: Guidelines for Making Ethical Decisions :
Is it legal?
Is it consistent with company beliefs/values?
Is it right/appropriate?
Is it okay for others to know about this?
Is it going to make me feel bad?

At the end I would like to quote a very popular line said by Mr. BOB GREEN: “I see them everywhere, and I have come to understand they are among the bravest of us. They face on a daily basis what we all dread the most: flat, cold rejection . . .

Most of them may not have ever imagined they would end up doing precisely this. But as long as there is life and as long as there are businesses, there will be salespeople.”

~~..Happy Sales... ~~
:P :P

Return to “Sales Forum for Online B2B & B2C Sales”