What's Your Best Tactic for Dealing with Gatekeepers

This is a Sales Forum for B2B & B2C Sales
rachit

Re: What's Your Best Tactic for Dealing with Gatekeepers

#1 Postby rachit » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:48 am

Dealing with gatekeepers is a necessary task for anyone who want to become successful at field sales...The best tactic for dealing with a gatekeeper is-
- Treat him as your friend
- Be polite
- Be Confident in lying to him
- While entring the gate don't try make eye contact with him
And at the last if above facts don't work then simply bribe him(real fact)...

prashant

#2 Postby prashant » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:46 am

Agree, Gate keepers are the biggest hurdles in cold visits. And convincing a gate keeper is sometimes more difficult than convincing the client for deal closure... ;)

What I have learnt through my experience in previous job is that every one is hungry for Love and respect. specially these people, the gate keepers the watchman..they will never allow you if you'll talk business with them, but yes you are a winner if you try to be friends with them..it is said that few golden, polite words wrapped with love and care can bridge all gaps. the same applies here, talk to them politely, ask them to join over a cigarette puff, offer them a 100 rupee note this will help in making them open to you and once you win their heart ...you' ve done your job..

They'll call you, let you know about the recent happenings in the entire building, you even get to know who other guys from other companies have tried their luck i.e, tried pitching their product..all the details will be there with you...And above all your entry in the building, trust me friends in spite of being the biggest hurdle for you..they'll Welcome you... :P

deepak

#3 Postby deepak » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:45 am

Yes that's right in sales most important question is to how to cross the gatekeeper
I am in inside sales & what I generally do to cross the gatekeeper in cold calls is - I simply say can you connect me to <person Name> or can I talk to <person name> & I have realised from my own experience that if you don't have the name of concern person most of the time you won't be able to cross the gatekeeper. therefore what I suggest before calling at least have the name of person whom do you wish to talk.

ashish

#4 Postby ashish » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:43 am

Here are some of the tactics that I use for cold calling:
1) I try to treat them as friends rather obstacles. They can assist you to reach the decision maker at the most appropriate time & can also provide inside
information beforehand.
2) Do a little research on company before calling & ask for name of person rather department. For ex. if I say to them "I want to speak to Mr. Rahul Sharma" rather "connect me in sales dept" chances are generally high that will transfer the call straight to the concerned person.
3) Try to build relationship with them & gather information about other decision makers, contacts if in case concerned person is busy or not available.

avinash

#5 Postby avinash » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:43 am

The best way is .. .. try to find out a name in the company, and use the reference of the same. if you are on a cold call...
Don't let them assume that you are a sales guy on cold call, pretend as you have an appointment and you have came specially for this company only.
It is simple, that they are on duty and they have strict orders to control unwanted entries in office premises., thus you have to convince them by your appearance, body language and the confidence.
If nothing works, try to hand over a bottle of COKE, get the information and get in..... ;)

archit

#6 Postby archit » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:41 am

The Best Tactic for dealing with GateKeepers in Business is to build a relationship with them by giving respect...Every human Being is hungry for love and respect unfortunately people think since gatekeepers are at low level they don't treat them with warmth...

On the contrary the sales guy who gives them respect and get little personal with them can take huge advantage..as they can be a good source of Inside information also...

Namita

What's Your Best Tactic for Dealing with Gatekeepers

#7 Postby Namita » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:48 pm

In sales the most important question is to how to cross the gatekeeper. Everyone really have some good experience. Can you share your experiences

Return to “Sales Forum for Online B2B & B2C Sales”