Sales Closures: Happens because of Luck, Hard work, or Both?

This is a Sales Forum for B2B & B2C Sales
ShubhamP

Re: Sales Closures: Happens because of Luck, Hard work, or B

#11 Postby ShubhamP » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:45 am

In sales closure both Hard work and Luck plays important role. Hard work has no substitute so in order to close deals one has to be hard working .Luck also is an important factor sometimes it happens that after doing lot of hardwork a deal is not closed and viceversa.So for sales closures both are important.

arpit189

#12 Postby arpit189 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:44 pm

Sales Closures happened only with the combination of both Hard Work and Luck. Hard work is a mandatory clause without which Sales process cannot be begin and proceed. And luck plays only for those who give 100% to close the sales.

vikasverma30

#13 Postby vikasverma30 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:57 am

In my opinion, sales is a combination of the two in a variable proportion. This could be understood better as the sales process could be divided into 2 parts i.e. first interaction in which the requirement of the customer are heard and analyzed and the second is the part wherein after listening to all the requirements of the customer a sales person suggests the best product to the customer and consult them accordingly. So in the first part depends upon your hard work as you have to analyze the things, set up a rapport with the customer, consult him for the best product and persuade him for the same. The second part is the luck part whether what we told the customer, he is convinced with it, we succeeded to cater his requirements properly or not. If yes then the deal gets closed or its lost. This combination of luck and hard work is in a variable proportion which fluctuates with the need of the customer, product type, geography and age of the customer.

rinky05

#14 Postby rinky05 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:23 am

Sales involves lot of hard work...Research & knowledge about the product and customers ....Understanding the consumer behavior and at last convincing the consumer to buy your product , but at times its not only the hard work that generates the complete sales....Its the luck also which helps in selling the product i.e. talking to the "right person on right time" or exactly doing the sales in the company where their is requirement act as a favorable situation for a sale person..... So by this i would liked to conclude for successful sales both hard work and luck are required.

arpit189

#15 Postby arpit189 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:18 pm

I think the Sales Closure happened because of both the factors. Without Hard Work , one cannot close a Sale.Efforts needs to be put to make the customer realize the dedication of a Sales person and hence with the little amount of luck involved, one can close the sales.

Princi

#16 Postby Princi » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:47 am

According to me hard work is the cornerstone of success. I believe that if you want to achieve anything in life, you simply have to work hard. Harder than anyone else.In sales, closure can happen just because of hard work only, not because of the luck.In sales, it is your daily effort and commitment that count.Do you really believe that its your luck that is resisting you from achieving your goals ??Are you really putting the effort required to achieve your sales goal ??
It is really easy to label someone “Lucky” but do you really understand the effort he has put to achieve that label.Just try and analyse how much task have you done or how much effort have you put in, to achieve your sales goals.In other words, we have to do the activity first, rather than thinking about the luck.

Sid

#17 Postby Sid » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:24 pm

According to me its a combination of hard work & luck which helps in sales closure.
It is because sometimes we do a lot of hard work but still the deal is lost & sometimes without even putting much of efforts we are able to close some big deals.
So, it would not be correct if the judgement is be made favoring either of them.

Shikha Gupta

#18 Postby Shikha Gupta » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:09 am

According to me closing happens because of various factors and each has its own importance in it. Like if you say only luck can help you to close a sale then this is not correct because if you won't do hard work or if you don't put any efforts in closing the same then just because of luck it will not get close similarly what happens sometimes you do a lot of hard work,you try your level best but still things doesn't seems to be good, everything seems to be opposite then this is the case where luck is required.Hence LUCK,HARD WORK both are the key to sales closure and success.

sundar76

#19 Postby sundar76 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:55 am

Closing a sale is the ultimate event for a sales professional...It is not only luck, hard work or both....it is much more than that!
It is like getting a century for a cricketer, or scoring a goal for the footballer! While team work in football helps in the goal, in cricket also team work plays a role while for a batsman it may not hold true. It is his own talent, fitness levels, confidence in his ability, the ability to study the opposition (bowlers) and the field placements determine the scoring shots! Same way closing the sale requires all these factors plus more....identifying the need of the customer is the first step. It is a combination of all these aspects that helps one to close the sale. Ultimately, it has to be prompted to complete the closure.

Shivani

Sales Closures: Happens because of Luck, Hard work, or Both?

#20 Postby Shivani » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:04 pm

Closing a sales means a lot to a sales professional ..but what are the factors behind it which make it happen..Is it Luck,Hard work or both?? What you have to say about this..

Return to “Sales Forum for Online B2B & B2C Sales”