Luck in sales - does it has a role in sales process

This is a Sales Forum for B2B & B2C Sales
deepak

Re: Luck in sales - does it has a role in sales process

#1 Postby deepak » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:09 am

Yes I feel luck/destiny really play a role in the sales process of any sales person, because sales is a field where result i.e. sale is not completely depend on your performance or how good you are in sales, more It depends on the customer decision and their are lot of other factors which influence customer buying behaviour.

Yes, We generally hear from sales people ..I lost sales due to my luck because this is the case where that sales person has done every thing to get the sale like he convinced a lot, he gave the good presentation , negotiated well, still he did not get the sale or that customer bought the product from some where else.

I have seen people saying luck plays a major role in sales process.. you do any anything, if you don't have luck you won't be successful in sales, Am not agree with this statement because obviously you cannot sit idle and wait for your luck, once it comes your sale will automatically happen, Luck plays a role in sales process but for that you need to work hard first, please understand luck comes with hard work & success in sales comes to those who work hard. It might come late, but it is sure that with hard work you will be successful.

"Hard work is the first step for success and luck comes late"

Shikha Gupta

#2 Postby Shikha Gupta » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:47 am

Yes, luck plays an important role in sales because sometime even if you are doing the thing wholeheartedly ,you are giving your best,but still suddenly things goes against you..your strongest prospect says NO to you... So, this is the clear cut case of LUCK.
But its not like that only LUCK is required for sales .Luck and skills both are necessary because only luck can't help anyone in sales process & according to me in sales blend of skills & luck works, 60% Skills & 40 % LUCK.

Nakul

#3 Postby Nakul » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:02 am

Yes, destiny or luck tottaly plays a important role in sales or any other process because if you work hard luck will definitely be in your court and no one can stop you from doing that work .If you have full faith in what you have done is correct than that the most important thing that one should analyse from his point of view. If you have worked hard for 1 deal and it is not happening than if you believe that you have a positive approach towards that deal than that will happen by luck or by chance and if you don't have faith in that deal than if it comes in end also than also the deal will not happen because your luck didn't work in that deal .So your luck will work than only if you have work hard and have faith in yourself and others.....

KaranL

#4 Postby KaranL » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:51 am

Yes ! I feel luck has a important role in the sales process .. But along with this I would say luck doesn't has 100 % role in the sales process ..
Rather I would say along with our efforts done to make a sales happen , luck is accommodated with hard work and it cant be separated ..
Also here i would like to mention a famous Bible Quote - "Fortune comes to those who make an effort to accomplish things" which can be simply referred in the sales process as one who does hard-work in sales, good luck will definitely follow him ..

archit

#5 Postby archit » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:47 am

I do agree Luck plays important role in Sales because you might be good in your dealing but in sales their is always a better option available..So if your customer comes across that better option you loose your sales.

Having said this I don't support Sales is all about luck..but yes Luck and fortune has its role which can not be ignored. A good sales guy should plan to achieve his target in most pessimistic scenario and Luck should be used to over achieve set target..

One can not fight with luck or do something to improve luck..but yes what one can do is improve his chances of winning customer heart by superior interaction..once you are able to establish a very good repo with customer he will not purchase your company product he will purchase your trust and commitment. If you reach at this stage your Luck will also improve..:)

Kalpit

Luck in sales - does it has a role in sales process

#6 Postby Kalpit » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:37 pm

We generally hear from sales people ..I lost sales due to my luck ..do you really feel that destiny or luck really play a role in the sales process of any individual or it is a blame game played by the sales people.

Return to “Sales Forum for Online B2B & B2C Sales”