International women day - Are Women Successful In Sales

This is a Sales Forum for B2B & B2C Sales
gaurav786007

Re: International women day - Are Women Successful In Sales

#1 Postby gaurav786007 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:35 pm

Yes women"s are successful in sales - the reason behind this is women know what they want. They are single minded,( not as men who focus on impressing their female sub-ordinates and boss),and are disciplined and dedicated in their pursuits.They are willing to spend long hours working on the same problem which is the first thing needed in sales. :ugeek:

anu

#2 Postby anu » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:50 am

I agree with this,that women are successful in sales, a main contributing factor to their success is the women themselves.these are women who have excellent records and are noted for being peak performers.they are neither afraid of challenges nor of long and hard.they are committed to their work.

HR-Shivi

#3 Postby HR-Shivi » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:07 am

I disagree with "Kalpit" on the point that women have high EQ than IQ... Today, men and women have equal IQ and EQ.
Its a matter of change in time, earlier the perception was- women are made for looking after family but today women are free to choose their career and they are doing great in every field; whether being in sales, HR, product, finance, etc functions.

Regarding the comment "Is sales not meant for women as a long term career?"
Women can do at par with men as according to me; WOMEN= WE+MEN !!!

My regards to all the women on 102 International women day :)

Astha

#4 Postby Astha » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:56 am

Yes, I strongly feel that women are successful in sales. If they can do other jobs than why not sales. Today women are not behind man they can take their decisions and handle every situation tactfully. We can see women rising in every field it may be engineering, aeronautical etc. So, why not sales. Women have power to handle pressure very well. At last I wish Happy women day to all women.

Poonam Singh

#5 Postby Poonam Singh » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:55 am

Happy women's Day to all womens of the world...womens are expected to asssume any role , this quality in womens is by nature. Gone are the days when the income brought in by the men only. After work the women are expected to drop their 'working' role and to take on another set of responsibilities , they better know how to handle any situation. A successful sales professional earns the trust of every single customer through commitments and actions, this is the quality in them by nature.
"Women are the real architects of society."

Ruchi

#6 Postby Ruchi » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:54 am

Its 2013, and the topic of sexual equality in the workplace is ever present... Society Points a fingure at male dominating companies, telling them to wake up and recognize woman as powerful forces in business.Women tend to be perfectionists. We don’t want to let anyone down including ourselves.
The women are generally very organized. They have to be! They are often maintaining and managing a household, children, pets, a full or part-time job, and keeping thier husbands or boyfriends happy along the way, the same situation and duties applied on her in sales..

Sakshi

#7 Postby Sakshi » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:51 am

I think women are expected to assume many roles.Now women have also taken on the role of working outside the home and becoming breadwinners.Being a successful salesperson does not happen by accident or blind luck. Women know that the first step is deciding what we want. If you know what you want to achieve, you will be more likely to reach your goal. Today More women are sought after as salesperson due to current trend towards equal opportunity. Women posses the traits requires to become successful salesperson. :)

bhawna

#8 Postby bhawna » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:50 am

Yes, women are equally successful in sales like men. Sales does not depends on whether you are a male or a female. It depends on one's quality and skill to convince the other party that their product it much better and worth every single penny they spend. Women are now holding the top positions in the organisation. Now they have come out of their house and leading some big positions like Ms. Chanda Kochhar(MD) of ICICI Bank Ltd. So, if she is handling such a big position in the company, then i think is nothing which women cannot do. :geek:

pearl

#9 Postby pearl » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:44 am

The reason women are leaving Sales, is industry fact & spectacles from which women capabilities are analysed keeping base on EQ & IQ level. I believe when an individual enter in corporate, male or female the are given same training, same environment.. so why reason of failure for women is considered to be EQ, and same for man is considered to be lack of training.. I believe EQ level is same despite gender..
there are women running organisation single handed successfully.. It all depends upon women empowerment in particular industry & organisation.. i am working with the one, which is more women oriented organisation, from ground level till management... Cheers to women day..!!

Kalpit

Re: Are Women Successful In Sales

#10 Postby Kalpit » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:55 pm

The basic reason for women leaving sales function is that they have EQ higher than IQ. They are more emotional and soft . Whereas sales needs ruggedness and capacity to take pressures for which women are not made by nature. However there are some women who are now CEOs of top companies meaning they have worked over their EQ and paved their way in . Wishing all the best to all women on the International Women Day.

Return to “Sales Forum for Online B2B & B2C Sales”