Reverse Marketing - New Concept ; New Definition

jayprakashimtn

Re: Reverse Marketing - New Concept ; New Definition

#1 Postby jayprakashimtn » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:53 pm

The concept talks about allowing the consumer to find the company, rather than attempting to convince consumers to purchase the products of the company. This is done through creating a brand which the consumers trust. Instead of asking the consumers to do something the firms will ask them to not do something. The approach usually focuses on finding the right set of consumers and targeting them.

Doves' real beauty campaign is an example of this concept. Generally cosmetics companies show flaws in their advertisements and then highlight their products as the cure to those flaws, but Dove campaign chose to focus on the beauty instead of the wrinkles and flaws, the campaign proved to be successful.

ANKITSHAH

#2 Postby ANKITSHAH » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:09 am

Very thought provoking..!!

A really new concept in the world of marketing. No one had ever thought of making clients form the annoying emails and SMS they receive everyday.But since their is a huge quantity associated here we need to be certain to filter only the important mails or messages from them . Otherwise that would lead to a lot of wastage of time and money. This can be done by extensive analysis of the data and finally correlating the type of data with their level of importance.

gauravimtn

#3 Postby gauravimtn » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:15 am

Reverse marketing is the concept of marketing in which the customer seeks the firm rather than marketers seeking the customer. This is done through traditional means of advertising, such as television advertisements, print magazine advertisements and online media. While traditional marketing mainly deals with the seller finding the right set of customers and targeting them, reverse marketing focuses on the customer approaching potential sellers who may be able to offer product.
Aside from traditional methods of reverse marketing, this technique is also used in B2B markets. In this instance the buyer (business) will take the initiative to approach the supplier (manufacturer) with its needs. This tactic is often used by large companies in order to decrease redundancies in their supply chain and decrease costs. The concept of reverse marketing also corresponds with Supply Chain Management. The strategy of reversing roles in some cases, has been very successful.

hritikimtn

#4 Postby hritikimtn » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:05 am

Sell your products to those companies who want to sell their products to you. It is much lesser cheaper than other marketing tactics and also going to provide you a huge customer base. But it is not so easy to implement this. The major drawback of this concept is that it is useful only for B2B market. It is very difficult to implement it in B2C market and almost impossible in some sectors. For an example suppose I m a beverage company (especially alcoholic drinks manufacturer) normally these type of companies do not receive much mails from their customer also I cannot sell my products to those companies who sell their products to me. So here I cannot implement reverse marketing.

hritikimtn

#5 Postby hritikimtn » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:03 am

Sell your products to those companies who want to sell their products to you. It is much lesser cheaper than other marketing tactics and also going to provide you a huge customer base. But it is not so easy to implement this. The major drawback of this concept is that it is useful only for B2B market. It is very difficult to implement it in B2C market and almost impossible in some sectors. For an example suppose I m a beverage company (especially alcoholic drinks manufacturer) normally these type of companies do not receive much mails from their customer also I cannot sell my products to those companies who sell their products to me. So here I cannot implement reverse marketing.

simarjeetk

#6 Postby simarjeetk » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:41 am

I believe it's really awesome concept ..The only thing we should keep in our mind either our products suits the requirement of caller or not. Yes.. we can try reverse marketing in B2C sales module as well... These days every companies are facing issue in getting sales leads so if someone is calling us for their sales we can try reverse marketing there. In my suggestion, every big company should have a separate 2 -3 people team for this and they should also check the mailers whatever their officials are getting as well... that means a c level employees use to get a lot of promotional emails daily what they usually do with that . they either use to click on mark as read or move to trash ... however just take a case if they treat that as their prospect.. and they transfer that email to reverse marketing guy.. what I believe if in a company all C level guys are getting 1000 mails altogether... and reverse marketing guy is approaching all of them even via email.. he will at least get 1 lead or prospect from their.. what will you say on this???

Expert - Fundoodata

#7 Postby Expert - Fundoodata » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:24 am

Absolutely right Siddhartha.. that is the concept..The moment we get a call from any person - he is representing the co . The person receiving has to analyse whether his co product / services are needed by caller co or not and if yes ..just forward the co details to its sales team to do it own sales call. This is purely a B2B tool.The most imp thing is not just the call you receive but hundreds of emails the people receive which can be the primary target for RM.

siddhartha

#8 Postby siddhartha » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:03 pm

Hi,

It's nice and new concept. But I feel we cannot try it on every sales calls because the person who is on the other side will not be a decision maker for that company. Let's say, I got a sales call from any company usually that person should be a telecaller or any sales executive, that person is not a decision maker for his company and if we are approching those then it's nothing more then wastage of time that doesn't mean that we should not try it my point is before going ahead on this we should analyze either that company (Caller one) have requirement of your service and if yes then try to contact decision makers of that company.

Moderators, please reply me if I am wrong.

Regards.
Siddhartha Pandey

Shivani

#9 Postby Shivani » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:17 pm

A new concept .. have not heard about it till now .. let me check with other companies who are trying to implement it

Kalpit

#10 Postby Kalpit » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:00 pm

Surely @deepak & @archit. Primarily what is to be taken care of is that when you plan reverse marketing it should be seen whether your services & product are saleable generally to normal companies which do huge marketing . If yes then it does not make any difference to which industry the company is in. The most imp thing in reverse marketing is to have a mindset that we have to take advantage from anyone who comes to sell its product.

Return to “Reverse Marketing - New Concept by Fundoodata.com”