Why digital marketing is becoming so important

Marketing forum is a discussion forum focused on General Marketing,Reverse Marketing, Internet Marketing, SEO, Social Media Marketing, Pay per Click, Making Money Online , Link Building etc.
vish1990

Re: Why digital marketing is becoming so important

#1 Postby vish1990 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:33 am

Before answering this question I would request you to look around you... I am sure 9 out of 10 people standing must be occupied with some electronic devices like mobile, tablets, digital watches, laptops, etc. Now did you see any current generation men or women holding a newspaper in their hand or reading magazines. I guess NO because today if just by 1 click I can get all the information I want on my Smartphone then why will I carry a 20 page newspaper, we don't write letters, we just ping people on Watsaap or any other messenger, we transfer money without going to the bank. In a day we spent 60% to 70% of our time on an electronic device.
Let me share my routine, I wake up in the morning I switch on my TV for news, When I drive office, I check updates on Facebook, tweets on twitter, listen radio, in the office I work on various search engines, check mails, check my LinkedIn profile, likewise in the evening while I come back from office and follow the same routine everyday...
And I think I answered the question.

archanaimtn

#2 Postby archanaimtn » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:48 pm

Digital Marketing has definitely transformed the traditional style of marketing. The world is now being driven by technology and this is giving digital marketing that extra push.

E-commerce is something that has developed and grown multiple folds over the years. Everything is now just a click away. Companies are now trying to find new methods to create revenues through online platform. Affiliate marketing is something that has gained popularity due to pay. The pay per ad, pay per click concept is also gaining attention.

With digital marketing growing, companies can aim at reducing their costs and increasing their target audience. It has a good bag of advantages and with this fast changing world, companies should start utilizing it.

However, one should not overlook the advantages of traditional marketing. They should start using the best of both worlds.

aks1982

#3 Postby aks1982 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:29 pm

In this fast moving world, technology has taken up great pace. This has led to the emergence of digital marketing. Its easier and through online channels you can reach your target audience in no time.
Lets take example of facebook, everbody gives atleast one look to it everyday. People have taken it as a platform to sell themselves. We have ads of various websites on our page.
For an organisation, its saves costs and increases your reach. This is why it has become so popular

SoureeshDatta

#4 Postby SoureeshDatta » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:49 am

With the bursting of the e-commerce bubble, the world is now driven by technology. Business has shifted from being just being brick and mortar to online portals. The world is governed by systems now.
Most of the business around the world is transacted over the internet. Thus digital marketing is becoming so prominent. Because when the globe is your customer base, and you need to tell the world about your product, there is no better platform than the internet to do it.

abhinavscmhrd

#5 Postby abhinavscmhrd » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:13 pm

With changing consumer lifestyle and growing income levels of the families, the number of people shopping online has increased tremendously. In India, approximately 10 million people do online shopping and the frequency of it is increasing with a CAGR of 30%.
So to tap these customers, it has become a major concern for the companies to market its product in e-commerce portals and digital media. Digital marketing helps in engaging the consumers via feedback, posting of comments and helps in building long lasting relationship with consumers.
Traditional marketing is being replaced by digital marketing as it helps in saving costs of the organization to a large extent and helps in building loyal customer base. While printing an ad on 1st page of the newspaper costs about 50 Lakhs, outdoor/billboard ad costs about 20 lakhs, posting an online ad would just cost around 5-6 Lakhs.
It is easy to reach the target audience through various channels via online media. It could be done through :
-Organic ads(SEO)
-Inorganic ads
-Search ads
-Display ads
-Mobile ads
-Social media
-Classified websites

Use of google adwords helps in getting a fair idea about CPC(cost per click), CPI(cost per impression) and CPA(cost per acquisition). It helps in setting an integrated marketing campaign which could then be targeted to our audience. It becomes easier to track the responses of the consumers through google analytics.
Presence in digital media also helps in branding of the organization, which can be done by engaging the consumers in facebook or twitter, which in turn helps in getting huge loyal customer base.

mohitimtn

#6 Postby mohitimtn » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:30 pm

Digital marketing has made such an impression that everyone is preferring it over all other options. Use of computers, laptops, mobile phones are now becoming very prominent and with the increase in the usage of this why not makerting be done digitally then?. What if one remain busy with his schedule and not have enough time to read newspaper, and spend most of his time on internet surfing and he got to know something very interseting during. In the present world, according to forbes survey, "64% employees visits non-work related websites everyday", and according to dnaindia's report "people spend 1 in every 12 minutes of their time surfing the internet". This shows that how important digital marketing is and how easy is to trap visitor to trap with the aid of it. There is an obvious reason why it is easy because, when Flipkart and Amazon offered their customer Diwali off in the year 2014 it was not advertised in the newspaper but was readily available on the internet and other websites, which shows how digital marketing is penetrating more powerfully than direct marketing or traditional marketing.

ISTTMVINAY457

#7 Postby ISTTMVINAY457 » Tue May 27, 2014 11:14 am

Digital marketing is very important in the present situation. World is becoming digital. Everybody is using digital equipment's. Everyone is using mobile, laptops; they are connecting together with social websites very quickly. So it’s very useful to use digital marketing for every organization.

Forms of Digital marketing :- Website (SEO), Blogs, Internet banner ads, online video content , pay-per-click ad, email marketing, social media marketing(Face book, LinkedIn, twitter), mobile marketing(SMS,MMS).

Companies can conduct campaigns on social media networks, they can easily attract customers. Promoting a product or service through social media is cheaper and it will reach customer easily than TV campaigns or ads on newspaper. Email marketing also very useful to promote a product or service. Important one, mobile marketing by this we can send N no of messages or MMS to customer.
By the data analytics also we can easily analyze the performance of campaigns and ads in social media. So digital marketing is very important for every organization.

shalini1792

#8 Postby shalini1792 » Tue May 20, 2014 9:53 am

Digital marketing is marketing that makes use of electronic devices (computers) such as personal computers, smartphones, cellphones, tablets and game consoles to engage with stakeholders. Digital marketing applies technologies or platforms such as websites, e-mail, apps (classic and mobile) and social networks. Social Media Marketing is a component of digital marketing. Many organisations use a combination of traditional and digital marketing channels.The promotion of products or brands via one or more forms of electronic media. For example, advertising mediums that might be used as part of the digital marketing strategy of a business could include promotional efforts made via the Internet, social media, mobile phones and electronic billboards, as well as via digital and television and radio channels. Therefore for promoting any product and reaching out to mass, digital marketing is important.

Priya16

#9 Postby Priya16 » Sat May 17, 2014 9:54 am

Digital marketing is becoming important as it suits to the changing needs and trend cycles of the society. Digital media includes emails, tv advertisements, social media marketing. Social media marketing is part of digital media. Digital marketing helps in creating a greater impact on the audience as it uses visuals, audio and nowadays contemporary advertisements are on demand which are related to some cause or the other. They help in attracting the consumer's attention. Social media is growing these days as most of the people spend most of the time on social media sites. Therefore you may find every day a new website popping up. Moreover through social media you connect to a large number of people. This helps you in marketing your product much better than the conventional marketing.

PrahladScmhrd1

Why digital marketing is becoming so important

#10 Postby PrahladScmhrd1 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:24 pm

Conventional marketing is losing out its effectiveness when compared to digital marketing. They are more bulky, more expensive and have high cost per acquisition costs. Basically they target a broad audience and not the defined segment they need to. Their impact and effectiveness also cannot be determined precisely and accurately. They are going to become obsolete in the future. Digital marketing is leading the current marketing trends with key terms like SEO SMM and Google Analytics thats catching everyones attention
Some of the common forms of digital marketing are
-Website (SEO content)
-Blogs
-Internet banner ads
-Online video content
-pay per click advertising
-email marketing
-social media marketing
-mobile marketing

Digital marketing is more cost effective as it is cheaper and it targets the required customer segment. More over, social media can reach infinitely more audience in any part of the world. It is easier to track results using a wide range of analytics tools. These tools help one in ensuring if a campaign is going as required and real time data can be acquired and monitored.Traditional marketing has lost a huge amount of consumers. Most people read their newspapers on their Ipad or some type of tablet. You need to develop your marketing and introduce yourself into the digital age. According to a study of UK National Statistics more than 82% of UK adults went online in the first three months of 2011.

Return to “Marketing Management & Online Marketing”