The business world is now more connected than ever before. However, with more connectivity the challenges are also increasing. No matter how much technological advancements take place and nations develop, business at its heart is still about people, relationships and connectivity. So, if we are doing business international, where you don't feel among them and you feel like alien to them, then are insights which you should keep in mind which will help you more than anything.
1. Know your assumptions: Different cultures have different way of doing business. Know their way of doing business and the different patterns of it.
2. Don't be judgemental: You are in a different culture, so don't take any hurried decisions which will affect you and your work. Always remember you are there to build bridges and do successful business.
3. Stay Flexible: Always stay calm and don't try to be rigid. You are in a different culture, so learn about them and be flexible.
4. Always be open: Always keep your mind open to learn new things. Don't close your mind and heart. Don't stop yourself from exploring and widening your knowledge.
5. Take responsibility: People of culture where you are working will like you if you take responsibility and make efforts. Get to know their cultural etiquette, norms, habits and practices, dress code, communication patterns, business do’s and don'ts etc.
6. Go beyond language: Just because the people of culture where you are doing business know the standard language is not enough. Go beyond the normal language and try to learn at least few words or sentences of their language, so that they feel they are working with the person of their own culture. This really helps in building relationships and also cracking business deals sometimes.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest