Branding India

Priya16

Re: Branding India

#1 Postby Priya16 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:17 am

According to me, there are different segments of the economy that are price sensitive and some segments are brand sensitive. People who belong to middle and lower class are price sensitive. However, people who belong to high class or high middle class are brand sensitive. They believe that brands have much better quality and they tend to be in use for a long time. They don't get used up much easily. However, people who don't prefer brands go for cheap rated clothes and things though with low quality. And, hence the things get used up very fast. But however, nowadays many international brands are there in many parts in India. People buy from those international brands also. However, if we take a glimpse of entire India, people are price sensitive. They value money and they don't feel like wasting the money on brands. So, if something new starts up which is reasonable also, people will surely buy that. So, investment in that terms is great. But, if you are investing in projects which offers high price to he people, then I think it might not be good idea. Then, such projects should cater to only high class people. And, because of rising prices these days, people want to save money and don't want high priced goods and services. So, if the goods and services are of low cost and provides best services, then people will surely buy. And, moreover, India is a developing country so investments are needed from abroad countries and multinational companies which will develop India. India provides a lot of investment opportunities.

shalini1792

#2 Postby shalini1792 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:41 am

According to me, I think People are both price sensitive and brand sensitive. People when are brand sensitive they avoid the price tags as well. And this is mostly done by the rich people . Rich people are less price sensitive and more brand thinking. But the middle class people are the one who are more of price sensitive. And India is more into the Price sensitive people who buy more in the discount period and the retail outlets in india have understood this psycology of the people of India. And so every three to four months , there is a sale or discount in every brand. Well this is an effective way to attract the crowds of price sensitive people.

KaranL

#3 Postby KaranL » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:47 am

Yes ! I agree with this that India is a price sensitive country.. even i have few live examples for this statement, like - ZARA, a renowned fashion brand from Spain, doesn't offer discounts in any country in which its operating other than India, even Apple, a renowned technological based Brand has most lucrative discounts schemes in India..

The reason why these Brands offer discounts is that, they have understood the psychology of Indian consumer & their interest for discounts.. but along with all this, the point to be noticed here is that customers are not expecting discounts on Cheap Brands, rather Indian customer are so much Self-indulgent that they wish to avail discounts on premium/high quality brands..which definitely shows there interest for Brands..

So in my opinion, the spending of company should be divided in such a way, that Good Branding among target audience can be done & along with this, the interest of customer for discount, should be taken care..

avinash

#4 Postby avinash » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:49 am

Can't say that all of them are price sensitive..

There are always two types of customers. "" Brand Sensitive "" and "" Price Sensitive ""

One who loves brands never hesitate to spend loads of money for the same and this is the reason companies has to spend money in branding to show their presence in the market..

On the other hand price sensitive people proportionate the quality with cost.. the higher they go the good they get.. irrespective of any brand name, but that also doesn't mean that they never go for brands, when it comes to huge investment they obviously go for a Brand with quality.

Thus branding is necessary for companies to do/...

Namita

Branding India

#5 Postby Namita » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:01 pm

In India is it worth to invest a huge amount on branding. It has been found people are not very Brand crazy but are price sensitive..Whats your take?

Return to “Marketing Management”