Appproaching Companies offline

This forum focuses on all aspects of B2B lead generation.
kushkkg

Re: Appproaching Companies offline

#1 Postby kushkkg » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:05 pm

Thanks All for the insights! Indeed helpful and guiding.
Regards
Kushal

sumitdutta

#2 Postby sumitdutta » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:25 pm

1. Make a 2-3 page presentation of features and benefits and why they should do it. (including a cover letter of the title, company logo, etc)
2. Walk in and get a decision makers card or contact - get contact info first
3. Try to meet in person and ask them questions of what they need to succeed before pitching anything
4. Start to lean into your service, explain why you can solve those problems and how it will increase efficiency or whatever it is meant to do
5. Ask them if you can speak to them over the phone and schedule a follow up (unless its a on site sale sort of thing)
6. Go back, send an email thanking them for talking to you - attach presentation document (pdf) and tell them you are willing to adjust to there needs (seems like you are doing a specialty service)
7. Wait a few days and like a first date see if they contact you...3-4 days later follow up with a phone call and ask for a meeting again.
8. Meet and ask for feedback, tell them how you can adjust to do that and close the deal

ISTTMpooja326

#3 Postby ISTTMpooja326 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:06 am

Approaching the companies offline, it is difficult but not impossible.
First select the type of industries where you want your customer, then take a particular area or region and find those industries.
make a list of all those companies and then find out which company will have the use of your product or service.
Make them shortlist and then collect the all information like contact details of key executives or the concern person with
whom you want to meet and explain about product or services from fundoodata or you also can connect with the person through
linked-in have the conversation about your product and service and then ask for the appointment.
So you no need to have arguements with the security.

Kalpit

#4 Postby Kalpit » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:43 pm

Hello ..This is the situation which every sales person face..he/she may be from any industry . This is the first hurdle and every sales person has to learn the same if he is to become a true sales professional .. Sales is all about finding a new customer . whether an individual or a company. There are lot of ways by which you should try to enter a company.. Firstly you should select the area / locality / type of co which suits your industry. Then from any site eg fundoodata get the list of companies in that specific set. Try to take an appointment on telephone which is were you have to build your skill . If this is also not possible then physically go and convince the gatekeepers to allow you to meet the person which is difficult . Try to connect with them on linkedin or other social media sites.

If you try in 20 you may get in 1 . a very good ratio to start.. The most important thing in this is not to get disheartened.. Once the success starts your confidence shall build and you shall succeed.

One more request - be Honest in telling because that only works in long run.

Hope this was useful Anant & Kushal

AnantDeodhar

#5 Postby AnantDeodhar » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:48 pm

True Sir.
I am from travel and tourism. I am too facing same issue.
If you happen to come across any solution, request if you can please share with me if you dont mind.
Rgds
Anant

kushkkg

Appproaching Companies offline

#6 Postby kushkkg » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:43 pm

Hello All,

It is a daily challenge I am facing while approaching Businesses,especially Industrial units, to generate sales leads for my company. Emails go un-replied and direct approach fails because of no prior appointment. While I am sure that companies might actually be interested if I meet the right person, here in this case, I get rejected at the start only, without meeting anyone.
Can anyone help how to grow business offline, for instance while approaching companies/industrial units?

Regards
Kushal

Return to “Lead Generation”