Go Goa Gone - Will it affect Brand GOA

This forum is for General Discussions. Talk about everything from your favorite books and funniest jokes to politics and current events.
Nakul

Re: Go Goa Gone - Will it affect Brand GOA

#1 Postby Nakul » Tue May 14, 2013 9:47 am

Yes , Go Goa Gone movie will affect brand GOA because goa is one of the most beautiful place to visit in india and most of the people go their to spend their holidays and on the eve of new year you will not get place to leave also as their is so much of rush and people are crazy to make their new year their as their people enjoy like any thing and there the new year is made in some different style. And goa is famous for beaches where you can take sun bath and vitamin D . So in my opinion GO Goa Gone will affect brand GOA..... :) :) :) :) :) :)

KaranL

#2 Postby KaranL » Tue May 14, 2013 9:33 am

No doubt Goa is one of the preferred destination for Youth in India and along with this, not only GO-GOA-GONE, or Bombay to Goa, are the few movies which depict the culture of place, but till date there have been many movies, in which Goa is shown as center of attraction.. which definitely shows Goa is having attraction of Youth towards it..

As written in the statement, GOA has been in a bad picture too, but even this Bad Word of mouth publicity have increase the publicity of brand Goa.. which definitely have put brand Goa, as a popular tourist destination..

Even I disagree with the statement, I believe to some extent there are movies in which beauty of Goa is explored and culture of the place is given really importance..

But yes I believe our government can really take good benefits from Brand Goa, which our government is not able to take by now.. As they should make really good efforts and use Goa as a magnet to attract tourist globally

pearl

#3 Postby pearl » Mon May 13, 2013 9:40 am

Yes..Movies are mirror to society.. The message we send to world through movies is always being considered.. So its defiantly going to impact brand of Goa because of "Go Goa Gone"

India, the country of mysterious paradoxes, the land where civilizations and times intermix, a mysterious place, which leave an anxiety in one to know more about it. but Our country is not investing on creating India as brand, highlighting different cultures.

Govt should understand value of their powerful tool, Indian cinema, which is mode to reaches each individual in world.. :)

archit

Go Goa Gone - Will it affect Brand GOA

#4 Postby archit » Sat May 11, 2013 11:41 am

Goa is one of most preferred destination for Youths in India and is one of the famous tourist attraction for foreigners..We say Movies are mirror of society and most of the times GOA is shown as a place where people are indulge in drugs, crime etc.

I strongly believe this type of communication is having an adverse impact on Brand GOA. No movie talks about beauty of GOA and Goan culture...Government is getting good money from tourism but are they using it judicially to improve infrastructure and facilities?

Brand GOA has got international acceptance but our government is not taking advantage from it ...We should learn from Malaysia how they have used promotional campaigns like "Malaysia Truly Asia" to increase tourism in their country. If we depict GOA in our movies as a place to do all unauthorized and criminal activity same message will go in society and it will make GOA notorious not famous.

Return to “General Discussions”